An ICP Alumni Spainquiz - #4:
Check your answers!
1. Approx. how many inhabitants has Spain?
2. When did the present Spanish king Juan Carlos I enter the throne? 1965 1970
2. When did the present Spanish king Juan Carlos I enter the throne?
3. The Spanish national day commemorates the discovery of the Americas by Columbus 1492 - at what date? January 16. April 4. September 10.
4. Which city was the last one conquered by the catholic monarchs to end Moorish ruling in Spain? Granada
5. When was that?
A.D. 985 A.D. 1164 A.D. 1288
6. Which city is not situated in Spain? Ronda
7. Which of these cities is situated closest to Gibraltar?
Sevilla Toledo Alicante
8. Which coastline of Spain is situated towards the Atlantic Ocean?
Costa del Sol Costa Blanca Costa Dorada
Costa de la Luz
9. Which of these famous painters is not Spanish? Murillo Goya
10. Bullfighting has long traditions in Spain. What is the name of such an event? Corrida Romeria
11. At what altitude above sea level is Madrid situated? 330 meters 440 meters
12. When did Portugal get it's independence from Spain? A.D. 960 1143
13. When did Spain become a NATO member?? 1978 1982
14. When did Spain become a member of the European Union (EU)? 1976 1978
Not satisfied? Try out alternatives before you look at the solutions!